About the company:
Arcus is the leading platform making payments possible for everyone. Arcus is a Payments-as-a-Service company, helping every business make financially inclusive products accessible for their users. The world’s largest and most innovative companies choose Arcus to launch fintech products across the Americas including BBVA, Santander, Walmart, 7-Eleven, and Rappi. Arcus was launched in 2013 through Y-Combinator and is backed by Ignia, Initialized Capital, Maverick, Winklevoss, Andreessen Horowitz, Kapor Capital, and Inicia.
About the position:
In Arcus we are looking for a User Experience Designer (UX Designer) to join our Product Design Team. The Product Team in Arcus drives strategic product development to ensure that our service experiences are valuable to our clients.
The UX Designer in Arcus must be able to understand users' behaviors, needs and pain points, using methodologies like Design Thinking and human-centric problem-solving. To achieve better use of your findings, you should know research methods from both quantitative & qualitative sides and work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team. As well as be able to communicate your insights in the best way to suit the team and help the product growth.
You will be working alongside the Product Team, reporting directly to the Product Design Manager.
In this role you will:
- Passion for what you do and have imagination and love innovating.
- Being flexible, detail-oriented & goal-oriented
- Being capable to take a step back to look at a bigger picture.
- Identify and prioritize product needs
- Collaborate closely with design, product, engineering, marketing and business analytics teams to drive customer-centered and evidence-based decisions on product and design strategy.
- Creation and improvements of design artifacts like docs, decks, mappings, mocks that help to understand the message and can be easily grasped by the audience.
- Business & user research, product analysis, interaction design and usability testing.
- Helping in developing UX research culture and driving the organization to understand the customers' needs, challenges, and problems.
- Use collaboration tools to planning and facilitate co-creation workshops with stakeholders and employees
- Benchmarks to understand the market and design trends
- Listening skills – ability to listen well to clients, business and IT teams and understand their needs
- Understanding of web and mobile application design, responsive design, grid principles and design systems.
What You’ll Bring (Requirements)
- A bachelor's degree in Design, Interaction Design, or similar
- 2+ years' direct product experience with a SaaS/B2B organization and demonstrate a passion for financial technology
- Strong knowledge of the stages of the design process, from inception to final delivery.
- Experience in methodologies like Design Thinking, human-centric problem-solving and user story mapping.
- Proficient in interaction and design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Miro to deliver prototypes, journeys, or mockups.
- Experience in applying customer-centered research to digital products and be able to analyze qualitative & quantitative data
- Always being curious about learning new things
- Experience in similar positions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
Nice To have
- Knowledge about UI & responsive web design on platforms and apps.
- Storytelling and storyboarding skills.
- Presentation skills – to stakeholders inside and outside of the company
- Have experience with Fintechs and payments industry
- Intermediate English
We want to hear from you! Please apply through the application button so that we can have your information on our system. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. Arcus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.