About the company:
Arcus is a Payment-as-a-Service (“PaaS”) company that focuses on building the next generation of payment products and helping every business accept any kind of payment across LatAm. The world’s largest and most innovative companies choose Arcus to launch payment products across the Americas including BBVA, Santander, Walmart, 7-Eleven, and Rappi. Arcus was launched in 2013 through Y-Combinator and is backed by Ignia, Citi Ventures, Softbank, Initialized Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Kapor Capital, among others.
In this role you will:
- Build APIs using Ruby that process millions of requests per day (we keep track)
- Develop web solutions for Arcus’ main business lines
- Design and Build Web portals that will consume millions of data points for our clients to visualize
- Work closely with the product manager to ensure the roadmap is delivered according to the defined Epics and User Stories
- Leverage AWS services
- Own the life cycle of your work, but know when to raise the hand to ask for help.
- Write maintainable, well documented, well tested code.
- Write integration and unit tests. Implement mocking, stubbing and other test techniques
- Weigh the impact that changes to the code base will have to performance and maintainability to the API and its ecosystem
Who are we looking:
- 4+ years of experience developing web software in a commercial environment
- 2+ years experience of Ruby on Rails
- Experience with (and passion for) API design, scalability, performance and end-to-end ownership
- Experience web development on React/next.js or Vue.js
- Experience with unit tests with RSpec
- Experience with relational databases – MySql or Postgres
- Experience with GIT version control
- Hands on experience with AWS
- Experience with message brokers (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with unit tests and integration tests
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Self-discipline and organized to be able to work remotely from home
- You have exceptional written and communication skills
- You have attention to detail and analytical skills
- Proficient in English and Spanish
To apply:We want to hear from you! Please apply through the application button so that we can have your information on our system. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. Arcus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.